Wednesday, May 21, 2008

As a Citizen...

I've logged on to blogger after a very long time indeed... The thing which is keeping me occupied is my project work. 10th of May 2008 will be a memorable day of my life. Why? because, i exercised my right as a citizen of India. I cast my vote for the first time.. You may ask what is the big deal?? I'd this great bias going through my mind - whether to cast my vote or not. I've always had this feeling that Indian politics is very fake and things are done only to corrupt more and more people. People vote thinking that the government they elect will do something for their betterment. Its always that people who run the government fill their pockets leaving the poor poorer. (As the saying goes, RICH GET RICHER, POOR GET MUCH POORER). One thing that was positive and what crossed my mind was that, if my single vote could help in changing the society, why not? I will feel happy that I cast my vote and the people of my locality got a better facility from the governance. Then did I realize, staying in a society doesn't mean all. Doing something for its betterment is the real goal.. Hoping that the soon-to-be government will do something to improvise the locality and my town :)

Signing off for now...

No comments: